Fedora Foundation

Rickey Moore wayward4now at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 18 17:40:09 UTC 2006

Vikram Goyal <vikigoyal at gmail.com> wrote: Hello,

People, Friends and Fedoramen:)

Any input on this developement:

http://www.itjungle.com/tlb/tlb061405-story01.html
There, what it said...  Fedora was set up to provide a platform for a lot of testing.  It also alludes that for a Fedora Community to grow, users will be defining their space within the community space that the Foundation would provide. I see nothing there that would do less than what is already provided, and that there is everything to gain for us users as members. So the email that we all recieved is a good thing, and is RedHat's entry into the formation of a community that has very legal requirements and responsibilities... one being that RedHat cannot be the sole source of funding and pass the IRS rules.

 Plain and Simple, it's what the IRS Powers-That-Be, who hold all of the Power and Authority to define the boundaries as well as enforce them, have decreed, set forth by statute  by the duly elected representives of the Citizens of Polite Society. RedHat really has no other choice, other than just saying to hell with all of this, or fork out some large to pay the attorney's fees to set up this Gift for us.  I don't see any lose for us in this. It sure hasn't impacted my pocketbook yet, a not-for-profit won't call you at the supper table and raise hell about late payments, so where's the beef? I do not see an offense, yer Honor. So far >nothing< has been alluded to that would consitute a charge of malicious aforethought. If it hasn't been written, then it hasn't happened. No stress.

 My 4 cents... gimmie a nickle and I owe you the change. Ric