Fedora Core 3 Transferred to Fedora Legacy

akonstam at trinity.edu akonstam at trinity.edu
Fri Jan 20 14:41:48 UTC 2006

<snip>

> Hey John, there is no use beating a dead horse. Once a decision is made
> there is never any chance it will be reversed. I have finally accepted
> this fact. And if I continue to use FC, I have resigned my self to
> live with what I am given and just be happy if it works for me, when
> it doesn't, I figure out how to live with what I can make work myself.
> It has been made very clear that this is what is expected of FC users.
> When something breaks, send a bugzilla if there aren't already a bunch
> for the same problem, then figure out how to live with problem until
> the package is no longer supported or possibly gets fixed. Remember
> we are the extended testing ground for the Enterprise products and
> should be resigned to be treated as such.
>
> By the way FC5t2 seems OK so far, but I will get Ubuntu just in case
> the final release is as broken as FC4 was, so I have something stable.

I agree this is a dead horse but it should not be. We are either a
community or we are not. Red Hat is in business and they can do with
there products what they want to. But then don't ask us to put money
into a Fedora Foundation where we can pay out money to be ignored.

And when we complain we get the Red Hat shuffle. Go complain on a
different list so we can be ignored on two lists at the same time.
I am not concerned so much with Fedora or Red Hat not be able to do
what we think aught to be done but the fact that it is made obvious
that they will not even consider or opinions is intolerable.

I am not going to switch distributions but I resent our opinions being
ignored out of hand. And Raul that is exactly what your company is
doing no matter what you say.

Coincidences are spiritual puns.
		-- G.K. Chesterton
Aaron Konstam