belkin wireless g+ desktop card support?

John Summerfied debian at herakles.homelinux.org
Sun Jan 22 03:21:05 UTC 2006

jack wallen wrote:
> On Sunday January 22 2006 1:00 am, John Summerfied wrote:
>
>>jack wallen wrote:
>>
>>>i've been searching everwhere and can't find if FC4 (or 5) supports this
>>>card. has anyone any experience with this?
>>
>>What does lspci show?
>

> not sure yet. this is for an install on my girlfriend's daughter's computer.
> she wants to use linux but her computer has to use a wireless network card
> (the one i'm asking about). can't afford to buy a new card so i was hoping to
> find out if this card would work in FC4. i've searched but haven't found
> anything saying yeah or nay yet.

We can't tell you until we know what's in the card. You could boot
Knoppix to find out, or in Windows:
Start/Settings/Network Connections
Choose the wireless card, right-click, properties
Choose General/Configure
It well tell you stuff about the card. Windows says of my card,
"Orinocco" (the brand) and "Agere Systems" (the chipset manufacturer,
way more important then the brand) abd Driver/Driver details says "Lucent."

The printing on the outside of the card says "Wavelan," more recent ones
say "Orinocco."

--

Cheers
John