VNC logining into 'light; window manager- how to get KDE?

Dotan Cohen dotancohen at gmail.com
Sun Jan 22 16:28:02 UTC 2006

I finally got the Java tightVNC VNC client running on my FC4 machine.
When I log in remotly, I am presented with one of the 'light' windows
manager- I don't know the name of it, it is the lime-green one.

I want it to present me with KDE. Some archive digging led me to the
command "switchdesk kde" however, when I logged out and back in, I
still had that lightweight manager. So I dug some more and found that
I need to modify /etc/sysconfig/desktop. So I changed it to:
DESKTOP="KDE"
DISPLAYMANAGER=KDE

But I _still_ get logged into that same manager! How to proceed? Thanks.

Dotan Cohen
http://technology-sleuth.com/long_answer/what_is_a_firewall.html
234232