apache problem with soft link

Michael D. Berger m.d.berger at ieee.org
Tue Jan 24 01:22:55 UTC 2006

Using Fedora Core 2.6.14-1.1653_FC4 and apache httpd-2.0.54-10.3
I have a web site in which there are soft links from directories
containing http files to directories containing jpg files.  These
links are all constructed using a simple installation script, and
there are many such links.

They all work except the last one that I added.  The jpg file is
properly displayed if I move it to the http directory, but not
through the link.

The appropriate directories all have SymLinksIfOwnerMatch (and all
owners match).  In my debugging effort I tried FollowSymLinks.

In case "the last link" made might be the problem, changed the order
by changing the first letter of the directory in question to upper
case (they are usually lower case). It made no difference.

Mike.

--
Michael D. Berger
m.d.berger at ieee.org