How to compile in Fedora?

Anne Wilson cannewilson at tiscali.co.uk
Wed Jan 25 22:41:16 UTC 2006

On Wednesday 25 Jan 2006 21:18, David Boles wrote:

> I can think of several reasons.
>
> The look and feel of the OS is somewhat familiar so the learning
> curve is not too steep. Things are different but not too different.
> RPM is here and the software GUIs are similar. 'Things' work or get
> fixed. The software is  more up to date.
>
> The Fedora lists have friendly people. The answers to questions are
> fast to arrive and written well. And I, for one, have not had my head
> bitten off for asking a 'stupid' question. At least not yet.
>
> Did I mention that I am one of these Mandriva to Fedora people? I do
> not recall. If you will allow me I would like to stay.

When I started, with Mandrake 8, it was friendly helpful lists that got
me going.  The lists stayed helpful and friendly.  That's probably the
biggest reason that I never tried any other distro until recently.
Finding this list to be just as friendly and helpful has encouraged me.
I intend staying for the forseeable future.

Anne