reading a 32-fat HD with fedora

umberto rossi umbertorossi_000 at fastwebnet.it
Sat Jan 28 13:07:41 UTC 2006

Il sab, 2006-01-28 alle 12:41, Tim ha scritto:
> On Fri, 2006-01-27 at 20:46 +0100, umberto rossi wrote:
> Read the fstab man file, and you can work out what the options are for.
>
> > mistakes in the fstab file can be rather dangerous, so I need precise
> > indications.
>
> Not really.  It's more of a risk if you modify the mount points that you
> need to use the PC, rather than extra ones for your own purposes.  But
> it's not too hard to recover from any mistakes that you make.  Backup
> the file first, to be sure.

I just inserted this line:

/dev/hdb1		/mnt/home/berto/ubik	vfat 	defaults, user	0 0

And rebooted the system after having saved the fstab file, and got no
result. I wonder whether the problem is the "vfat" value, as I found no
mention of it in the man file. Could it me I should specify "ext" or
"ext2" instead? Or the problem is the part after mnt? (I have already
tried without /mnt and it doesn't work)