Screen problem

Jim Cornette fc-cornette at insight.rr.com
Tue Jan 31 11:57:14 UTC 2006

chen li wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have FC4 on my computer. Recently I encount a
> problem: the window size of one of my programs is
> larger than the monitor screen.  I wonder anyone here
> can help me out.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Li

Some programs do not work well with low screen resolutions. I had
trouble myself back when I had a laptop which could only do 800x600 as
its best resolution. (rhdb on toshiba laptop, non-tft LCD)

There is some option that you can move the mouse off the visible screen
and get to buttons or whatever you need with low resolution systems.

There was some discussions earlier about this sort of problem. I believe
the option is  referred to as panning.
Basically, your displayed resolution is low resolution. Wht is displayed
is expanded to proportions that higher resolution programs can handle.

Jim

--
Where do you want Bill Gates to go today?

    -- From a Slashdot.org post