libgssapi.so.1 is needed by package nfs-utils

Bob Goodwin bobgoodwin at wildblue.net
Sat Jul 1 06:11:58 UTC 2006

Kam Leo wrote:
> On 6/30/06, Mathew Snyder <msnyder at servervault.com> wrote:
>> I was running yum update when I encountered this:
>>
>> --> Populating transaction set with selected packages. Please wait.
>> ---> Package nfs-utils-lib.i386 0:1.0.8-4.FC5 set to be updated
>> --> Running transaction check
>> --> Processing Dependency: librpcsecgss.so.1 for package: nfs-utils
>> --> Processing Dependency: libgssapi >= 0.9 for package: nfs-utils-lib
>> --> Restarting Dependency Resolution with new changes.
>> --> Populating transaction set with selected packages. Please wait.
>> ---> Package libgssapi.i386 0:0.9-1.FC5 set to be updated
>> --> Running transaction check
>> --> Processing Dependency: librpcsecgss.so.1 for package: nfs-utils
>> --> Processing Dependency: libgssapi.so.1 for package: nfs-utils
>> --> Finished Dependency Resolution
>> Error: Missing Dependency: librpcsecgss.so.1 is needed by package
>> nfs-utils
>> Error: Missing Dependency: libgssapi.so.1 is needed by package nfs-utils
>>
>> I did a search online to find out what provides the files just to make
>> sure and found that nfs-utils-lib provides it.  If I have that installed
>>
>> [root at rt RT_Setup]# rpm -qa | grep nfs-utils
>> nfs-utils-1.0.8.rc2-5.FC5
>> nfs-utils-lib-1.0.8-3.1
>>
>> why would it be giving me this error?  I didn't have this problem until
>> tonight.  I've been testing the build of the server this occurred on
>> over the course of two weeks and this is the first time this has
>> occurred.  Is there a problem with the yum repositories or the packages
>> itself?
>>
>> --
>> Mathew Snyder
>> Systems Administrator
>> Network+
>> ServerVault TechOps
>>

> Your experience is not unique. You can a) file a bug report ("a good
> thing"), b) exclude nfs-utils and update the remaining packages, c)
> wait a day or two and hope that it is a repository synchronization
> problem or d) do nothing.

No amount of "exclude=anything" seems to help?

yum update  --exclude=*nfs* --exclude=*xine*

It looks to me like the only option is "do nothing" and wait?

--> Running transaction check
--> Processing Dependency: libgssapi.so.1 for package: nfs-utils
--> Processing Dependency: libdirectfb-0.9.so.24 for package: xine-lib
--> Finished Dependency Resolution
Error: Missing Dependency: libdirectfb-0.9.so.24 is needed by package
xine-lib
Error: Missing Dependency: libgssapi.so.1 is needed by package nfs-utils

Bob Goodwin