Stinkin' little cheapo vid cams

Arthur Pemberton pemboa at gmail.com
Mon Jul 3 03:23:31 UTC 2006

On 7/2/06, Ric Moore <wayward4now at gmail.com> wrote:
> Ok, I know, I bought the cheapest thing on the shelf figuring that it
> should work since they've been around for 8-10 years. I know, I know.
> <g>
>
> I've cruised the google lane and found several sites that tossed you
> into a dnload site with a pile of files... is there a linux guru that
> could make a short file, in English, on how to actually make the darn
> things work? This one is a Micro CM10401 (WalMart, kill me now)
>
> Thank you for any considerations due to my:
> 1.) Stupidity

I doubt

> 2.) advancing years

Ahh, wisdom and patience

> 3.) stupidity

Still doubt

> 4.) sore left foot

Okayyy then

> 5.) stupidity

We'll see

> Ric

1) Download and install the RPM package 'usbutils' the following
command as root should do it: `yum install usbutils`

2) Reply with output of `lsusb -v` as root (the purpose of output is
to help determine actual chipset in camera

Hopefully, being  a "cheap" camera it will have a fairly
popular/generic and supported chipset

--
To be updated...