Core 5 multi display support

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Mon Jul 3 04:57:51 UTC 2006

On Sun, 2006-07-02 at 18:14, Hadders wrote:
> Hi all,
>    I'm thinking it would be nice to program with multi monitors.  In
> particular, one running VMWare and Windows so I can test the web app
> programs I develop. Currently I use two boxes to achieve this. But the
> constant twisting and turning isn't probably the best, yes age catches
> up with us all.
>
> However, I prefer Linux as a programming environment (especially seeing
> that I do SQL development too (love that middle click copy/paste)), but
> was wondering if it (Core 5) easily supports multi display and the
> nvidia nView stuff, or is that a Windows only thing?  Perhaps someone
> can make a recommendation on cards etc?
>
> Any help or comments would be appreciated...

Not quite what you asked for, but in some ways nicer as long as you
already have the other box: http://synergy2.sourceforge.net/.
 yum install synergy
on the FC5 side; download and install the windows version and
pick one the other keyboard to use all the time.  It will make
the two machines work like one double-headed host and even
cut and paste will work across them.  I run it with 2 monitors
on my desktop and have it configured so when my laptop is
on the network it also connects and is controlled by the
same keyboard/mouse just by moving the mouse pointer off that
side of the center screen.

--
  Les Mikesell
   lesmikesell at gmail.com