[FC5] Epson Stylus C63 (USB)

Ambrogio fn050202 at flashnet.it
Sun Jul 2 07:38:21 UTC 2006

Il giorno dom, 02/07/2006 alle 00.23 -0500, M.Lewis ha scritto:
> I'm trying to setup an Epson Sylus C63 (USB interface) for a friend who
> has just started using Linux. I've used CUPS (http://localhost:631). I
> have not used system-config-printer at all.
>
> Everything looks right, I see the printer listed, select what seems to
> be the appropriate drivers, but yet when I try to print a test page, I
> get *nothing*.
Hi,
I'm using an Epson DX4800.
I installed gutenprint from the gimpo-print site, because CUPS on fedora
don't work.

For first I noted that on cups printers, you have 2 test page: One is
self-test page (and it doesn't work for me) and the other that is test
page (made by cups and sent to printer).
It work well for me only with gutenprint.

I seggest to chech the web for gutenprint.
Maybe you can only install the PPD from gutenprint instead of install
and compile the wole.

Bye
 Ambrogio