Anyone familiar with BellSouth DSL setup?

Thompson Freeman tfreeman at intel.digichem.net
Mon Jul 3 16:54:10 UTC 2006

On 07/03/2006 10:48:03 AM, Ric Moore wrote:
> I'm playing one heckuva phone tag with BellSouth
> concerning setup of my
> static IP account and the settings I need for my machine.
> I'm connecting
> just fine with DHCP, so it works. I want to run apache and
> my own
> webpages from the machine connected to the DSL modem. If
> anyone would
> assist, I'd like to confer off list. I need for my machine
> to appear to
> the net, not the modem. They have support for Macs, but
> not linux... go
> figure. Ric

Ric - Not that I want to complicate your life, but have you
considered changing isp's??? While I love hearing that Bell
South has started supporting Mac, I don't hear from other
mailing lists good things concerning Bell South with
respect to non-standard residential support

I'm not sure of your location, but I would suggest checking
around as to who else is available in your neck of the
woods. I'm in a BS area, and have Speakeasy as my isp; and
have had quite solid customer support that way. YMMV of
course.