FC5 SELinux prevents php from connecting to postgresql

Clodoaldo Pinto clodoaldo.pinto at gmail.com
Mon Jul 3 21:35:21 UTC 2006

FC5 SELinux prevents php from connecting to postgresql.

I had a hard time trying to figure out why I could not connect from
php to postgres locally in a new and patched FC5 box, although I could
connect to that same postgres server and with the same user from
another box (FC3).

>From /var/log/messages:

kernel: audit(1151945653.900:39): avc:  denied  { name_connect } for
pid=17167 comm="httpd" dest=5432 scontext=user_u:system_r:httpd_t:s0
tcontext=system_u:object_r:postgresql_port_t:s0 tclass=tcp_socket

Regards, Clodoaldo Pinto