Working flash player for Linux/Fedora ?

Greg Trounson gregt at maths.otago.ac.nz
Wed Jul 5 04:39:56 UTC 2006

Arthur Pemberton wrote:
> Is there a working Flash player tha can be used in a browser on Linux?
> That which Macromedia calls a product does not exactly meet my
> requirements to call it working. It fials to display text, gives audio
> out of sync, randomly causes crashes, and offers no sign of what
> exactly is wrong. So I am looking for something that works.
>
> Please advise.

I fear you might be out of luck.

The closest I've seen to a working non-Macromedia Flash player is GNASH
(http://www.gnu.org/software/gnash/) which has implemented some parts of
Flash 7.

Unfortunately it still has a long way to go before it can compete with
the (rather lacking I agree) Macromedia offering.

Greg