Skype Handset

Tim ignored_mailbox at
Wed Jul 5 16:03:33 UTC 2006

On Wed, 2006-07-05 at 10:13 -0500, Gene Heskett wrote:
> They also filter your email "to stop virus etc" and there is no way to
> opt out except to have everyone use a special address (change the
> verizon in my address to verizononline) to send me an email that
> supposedly bypasses this filtering.  When I tried to sign up for
> wengophone, I wanted to do that, but there was no way they
> (wengophone) would accept an email address that didn't match the one
> in the headers of the message they received.  So I'm screwed & didn't
> even get kissed.

Did you change all the settings in a suitable manner?  Making sure that
the message came from you with a "from" address like that, and didn't
have a "reply-to" address (specifically with a different one).

Checking that a poster's "from" address comes from the same domain as
the server isn't a viable thing to do.  Only in some cases is it going
to match, and it doesn't *have* to in any.  If it were, fewer of us
would be on this list, we don't all use a mail account from our ISP.

The other obvious thing would be to try setting up those sorts of thing
from a completely different mail service (the dreaded Hotmail, Yahoo, or
another).  I rarely use an ISP mail service for another reason:  If I
want to leave the ISP, because it began to suck or something, I'll lose
the address, and lose everything else that got associated with it.

I read messages from the public lists.