DejaVu fonts for Fedora Core 6 feedback call

Nicolas Mailhot nicolas.mailhot at laposte.net
Thu Jul 6 05:57:33 UTC 2006

Le mercredi 05 juillet 2006 à 22:15 -0400, Tom Horsley a écrit :
> On Wed, 2006-07-05 at 22:07 -0400, Joe Smith wrote:
> > I tried to revert by uninstalling dejavu-fonts-makedefault, but it
> > had
> > no effect.
> >
> > How do I get back to the original default fonts?
>
> I had the same question, and eventually decided to uninstall
> all 3 of the rpms, which seemed to put me back where I was.

If you just want to remove the font priority, remove the first lines
(those with DejaVu in them) from the
  <alias>
    <family>family</family>
    <prefer>
blocks in /etc/fonts/fonts.conf

I didn't automate the removal because at the time I didn't find a way to
do it safely (distinguishing manually edited file and automatically
changed file)

Regards,

--
Nicolas Mailhot