how to avoid spam mail from external network

Aaron Konstam akonstam at sbcglobal.net
Thu Jul 6 14:50:34 UTC 2006

On Thu, 2006-07-06 at 08:54 +0100, Paul Howarth wrote:
> On Thu, 2006-07-06 at 11:15 +0530, yogesh at banasdairy.coop wrote:
> > hi frieds
> > i have mail server on linux
> > my mail server generate spam mail
> > how to avoid this spamming
> >
> > the spam mail will come from external globval network
> > i thaught that my server any port is opren
> > how to secure my mail server
>
> You will need to tell people:
>
> * which mail server software you are running
> * which configuration options you have changed from the defaults
> * what the spam looks like (with full headers)
>
> Paul.
  The above described information would be interesting but I think the
answer is to use spamassassin which comes with the
distribution. Instructions for use are on the web and in the file
users_prefs.template. Use of procmail to separate the spam and non-spam
streams would be useful.
--
Aaron Konstam <akonstam at sbcglobal.net>