More mplayer installation problems

Mikkel L. Ellertson mikkel at infinity-ltd.com
Thu Jul 6 19:55:27 UTC 2006

Jonathan Ryshpan wrote:
> Installing mplayer using yumex, I get these errors:
>         Missing Dependency: mplayer = 1.0-0.43.pre8.lvn5 is needed by package mencoder
>         Missing Dependency: mplayer = 1.0-0.43.pre8.lvn5 is needed by package mplayer-gui
>
> But it looks like this version of mplayer is installed:
>         # rpm -q mplayer
>         mplayer-1.0-0.43.pre8.lvn5
>
> Any ideas what's going on?
>
> Thanks - jon

It is telling you that you can not upgrade mplayer without upgrading
 the mencoder and mplayer-gui packages because they depend on the
mplayer-1.0-0.43.pre8.lvn5 package. It looks like the requirements
are set so that a newer version of mplayer, or one from a different
source besides Livna are not acceptable.

Mikkel