benq X805 wireless mouse erratic

Philippe A. futhark77 at
Fri Jul 7 03:25:41 UTC 2006

> > keyboard works great. However, the mouse behaves erratically. Every
> You should post the relevant portion of your /etc/X11/xorg.conf.
> Most likely you'll need to find the right incantation for the line:

My protocol was IMPS/2. Just changed it for PS/2, but results are the same.

Section "InputDevice"
    Identifier     "Mouse0"
    Driver         "mouse"
    Option         "Protocol" "PS/2"
    Option         "Device" "/dev/input/mouse0"
    Option         "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"
    Option         "Emulate3Buttons" "no"

BTW the problem is present both in text and X. I have been able to reproduce
it very easily in vim while in insert mode.

I'm going to test the mouse on Windows tomorrow.