need to add HP Laser Jet 1010

Scott R. Godin scott.g at mhg2.com
Fri Jul 7 15:21:32 UTC 2006

On Fri, 2006-07-07 at 10:03 -0500, Aaron Konstam wrote:
> On Thu, 2006-07-06 at 21:19 -0400, Terry Polzin wrote:
> > On Thursday July 6 2006 17:27, Abid Ghufran wrote:

> > > how can i add HP Laser Jet 1010 printer on Fedora-4?
> > > just need to print documents and no other particular requirement.

> > As root run, system-config-printer

> As has been said many times before using system-config-printer on a
> cups using sytem is a disaster. Use cups web intereface
> (localhost:631) instead.

perhaps a better plan would be to file patches and bug reports against
system-config-printer if it does not perform as you expect, so that it
can be improved.

i've used it in the past to configure CUPS to work with a windows-hosted
printer over SAMBA and it worked just fine. (once I sorted out how to
configure SAMBA properly :o)