SSH

nigel henry cave.dnb at tiscali.fr
Fri Jul 7 23:10:07 UTC 2006

On Friday 07 July 2006 23:52, Ric Moore wrote:
> On Tue, 2006-07-04 at 06:11 -0500, Edward Krack wrote:
> > http://www.gmer.net/
> >
> > I bet it will give Hacker Defender a run for the money.
>
> huh, I just went there and got:
>
> The latest version of  GMER 1.0.10.10122
> GMER runs only on Windows NT/W2K/XP
> Golly gosh darnit. Ric

Yeh. I DL'd that 3 days ago. I still have the original XP that was on one of
my machines, and is sitting in a caddy. It is very reluctant to bootup,
probably because it's annoyed that so many Linux distros are running on it's
machine. If I can get the damn thing to bootup I'll put gmer on it and see if
it finds anything. I somehow doubt it as Diamond Cs's process guard is on
that XP install, and is supposed, repeat, supposed to stop stuff being
installed on the OS that you don't explicitely allow. Anyway, I'll give it a
run.

Meanwhile back to Linux. Rkhunter seems to be working ok on FC1, and 2,
installed from tarball, and on FC5 from extras.

Nigel.