Skype Handset

Anne Wilson cannewilson at tiscali.co.uk
Sat Jul 8 06:19:08 UTC 2006

On Saturday 08 July 2006 01:16, Gene Heskett wrote:
> Ric Moore wrote:
> > On Wed, 2006-07-05 at 21:06 -0500, Gene Heskett wrote:
> >> I have one, but how the hell do I use it to send a message unless I use
> >> t a webmail agent?  I've not found one of them I could tolerate yet.
> >
> > You are consistent, Gene! I recall you hating them 7 years ago in the
> > Caldera List!! <chuckles>  Won't Pine do POP? Ric
>
> I think it probably will, but I've been using fetchmail for a sucker for
> about a year at home, feeding kmail.  Now I'm using tbird on this lappy,
> which to me is a whole new ballgame since it apparently doesn't do
> subdirs for the various mailing lists.  But it does label the spam quite
> well.
>
> Webmail?  I only use it to check the options at vz, and read them the
> riot act when they think they can get by with resetting the account to
> their defaults.  That of course fills up the thimble sized mailbox in a
> couple of days, unknown to me till the mail stops because my disk space
> is full of their *&^$%$%^&* trash.  Otherwise its just an extra
> difficult way to handle mail IMNSHO.

Gene, you can configure gmail to forward to your main account, then set up an
account in kmail with your gmail details.  Unless you choose to filter all
gmail stuff to a special folder, in which case you can configure that folder
to use the gmail account, you will probably have to manually select the
account when you send, but it's no big deal.

I hate webmail as much as you do, but it's a good idea to have an emergency
set-up.

Anne