Where are the log files that show the problems at boot up?

Jack Gates jlgates at charter.net
Sun Jul 9 18:17:50 UTC 2006

On Sunday 09 July 2006 13:48, Sam Varshavchik wrote:
> Jack Gates writes:

> >> Don't worry about it.  Try:
> >>
> >> service httpd start
> >>
> >> And see what happens.
> >
> > Sorry for not saying so, but I already did and then did a reboot and saw
> > the error message a boot up and then ran service httpd start again and
> > got nothing.  I did not see the whole message just that there is
> > something about no such file or no such directory.
>
> Wait until you see "Press 'I' to begin interactive startup", do that, and
> step through the startup sequence, one command at a time.

Sam Thanks for showing me the "Press 'I' to begin interactive startup"

/etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf is looking for /etc/httpd/modules/mod.access.so

mod.access.so is not on my box anywhere

I did not delete it and I did not change the configuration of httpd.conf or
any files in /etc

So where did it go? scratching head!?!

I probably need to create the file again but I don't know what was in it or
how it was configured.  Probably time to go over to the apache list.

could there be a back up hiding on my box?

--
Jack Gates http://www.jlgates.com/
http://www.myenergyproducts.com/