DejaVu fonts for Fedora Core 6 feedback call

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at
Mon Jul 10 14:56:51 UTC 2006

On Wed, 2006-07-05 at 18:37 -0400, Jim Cornette wrote:

> >> A new font family is being proposed as the Fedora Core default. It
> >> probably impacts your language. Please tell us what you think about it:
> >>

> >> Happy testing!
> >>
> The fonts are easy to read and clear. I am seeing bold fonts are scaled
> too large when compared to other font selections. The bold scaling is
> the only problem that I see so far.

I can't do a side-by-side comparison now, but it seems to me that at
the font evolution is using is more 'sparse' - that is there is more
white space around the characters.  Is there any way to reduce the
line height while keeping the same size characters?

  Les Mikesell
   lesmikesell at