No sound on an Ibook G3

Jimmy Bradley bmobile40 at bellsouth.net
Tue Jul 11 05:20:24 UTC 2006

      Has anyone else had, and been able to solve this problem? I
downloaded the Power PC iso's for FC5, and installed the fc5 on my G3
apple Ibook. I did it as a clean install. The install was flawless
except for fc5 not being able to detect my sound controller. Has anyone
else who's installed fc5 on an apple machine had, and been able to
correct this problem? Currently, I've switched to Ubuntu on my ibook,
and sound works. If anyone knows of a fix for this problem, it would be
greatly appreciated. I like FC5 better, and also the fact that it's an
American product. I would rather run an American linux distro if I can
get everything to work.
Thanks
Jim