spontaneous unmount

T. Horsnell tsh at mrc-lmb.cam.ac.uk
Tue Jul 11 13:31:07 UTC 2006

They have entries in the fstab file and are intended to be
mounted at boot time. As I add new drives, I edit
fstab but mount them manually. If I do this at the console,
I'm in Gnome, but I also do it from an xterm window on
a different machine after ssh'ing to the Opteron box.
The machine hasnt been rebooted for nearly 3 months
and during that time I've added 20 - 30 disks.
T.