KDE update - lost control centre ?

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Tue Jul 11 14:27:19 UTC 2006

Mike Cohler wrote:
> "sysadmin" wrote:
>>> Else, try: $ kbuildsycoca --menutest | less
>>> (and look for your Control Center entry)
>>> -- Rex
>> am having the same problems here..no Control Center..no Home and alot
>> of others..!!
> On my bugzilla report Ngo Than has now identified the problem and says:
> " I will push new kdelibs package into fc5-update-testing today.
> It should resolve this issue."
> So I guess we should all try to test fix this from updates-testing
> once it gets to the mirrors - and hopefully this will be in the normal
> updates for everyone very soon.
> Mike
This is what Than said when I filed bug 197778 in early July, but the
update of kdelibs that killed all this took place on June 14 according
to my yum.log.  I didn't file the bug till I couldn't chenge the June
Ufie wallpaper to July when it came out.  I hadn't needed to do anything
in the control center in that period.

Cheers, Gene