java and KDE (konqueror)

Deepak Shrestha d88pak at gmail.com
Tue Jul 11 15:42:01 UTC 2006

Guess you are right, same problem with me too

typing "about:plugins" in konqueror address bar shows me that java
plugin is installed, including helix players and so forth.

Tried to test the sun's jdk 1.4 demo applet
http://java.sun.com/applets/jdk/1.4/demo/applets/ArcTest/example1.html

in firefox it works well
in konqueror it gives me the following error:
alt="Your browser understands the <APPLET> tag but isn't running the
applet, for some reason." Your browser is completely ignoring the
<APPLET> tag!

I am running FC5 and installed the JDK version 1.5.0_07