grub proposal

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Wed Jul 12 13:43:07 UTC 2006

On Wed, 2006-07-12 at 08:31 -0500, Aaron Konstam wrote:
> Could someone explain why we need /boot/grub/menu.lst
> and /etc/grub.conf both as soft links to /boot/grub/grub.conf.

Only guessing, but as far as I can see, menu.lst is the default file
that GRUB loads.  *We* Redhat/Fedora users generally have .conf files to
configure things, so maybe someone thought we'd like a filename like
that.  And, *we* generally configure things from /etc/, so maybe that's
why there's also a link in there.

I read messages from the public lists.