xine missing dep

Jim Cornette fc-cornette at insight.rr.com
Thu Jul 13 01:47:18 UTC 2006

George Hare wrote:
> I tried to install the updates for xine today and got the "Missing
> Dependency: xine-lib(vdr) >= 0.7.6 is needed by package xine". After
> digging around, I found vdr-xine-0.7.9-3.lvn5.x86_64.rpm. I installed
> it and went about updating and again "Missing Dependency:
> xine-lib(vdr) >= 0.7.6 is needed by package xine. So some call it
> xine-lib and others lib-xine. Anyone else have any problems with this?
> And or know what to do about it? I'm content with xine as it is...why
> fix it if it ain't broke?
>
> Thanks to all for helping others.

I had that problem also. I then read what vdr was and realized that I
did not need the video disk recorder since I do not have a pc card for
it. I removed the vdr package and went on with the update.

If you use the digital video recorder, you might try to file a bug in
the livna bugzilla system for the dep problem. I attached to a bug on
xine-lib which related to a dependency with ImageMagick which never was
resolved. Maybe the vdr related bug can be resolved if your luck is
better than mine.

Jim

--
Peterson's Admonition:
	When you think you're going down for the third time --