"kiosk" (kind of)

Frank Cox theatre at sasktel.net
Thu Jul 13 06:19:25 UTC 2006

I have built an application that runs through Firefox.  I want to automatically
load Firefox at at boot time and load my web page. I believe (though I haven't
done it yet) that I can set up gdm to automatically log in and do that.  I don't
need a desktop here, really, just Firefox.  Setting the homepage to my
webserver should take care of that.

Now my question is, can I configure this thing so it will always log in and load
Firefox, and won't exit to a password prompt?  I want to have just a mouse and a
monitor on this thing, no keyboard, so it would lead to an interesting
situation if one of the users logged out and got back to a password prompt.

--
MELVILLE THEATRE ~ Melville Sask ~ http://theatre.sasktelwebsite.net