Miissing Dependency: httpd-mmn = 20020903 during httpd 2.2 update on FC5

Gregory P. Ennis PoMec at PoMec.Net
Sat Jul 15 17:27:41 UTC 2006

Everyone,

I have an FC5 unit that was an upgrade from a fresh install FC4. I
noticed that yum was not updating properly about 2 to 3 weeks ago giving
me the following error message:

Error: Missing Dependency: httpd-mmn = 20020903 is needed by package
mod_perl

Yum will update with yum -y update --exclude=httpd*

I thought this might be a repository dependency problem but it has
persisted, and I have not seen other posts describing the problem.

I have checked to make sure the httpd.conf file references 2.2 and it
does.  httpd runs without reporting errors, but yum will not upgrade
because of this.

Any suggestions?

Greg Ennis