Miissing Dependency: httpd-mmn = 20020903 during httpd 2.2 update on FC5

Gregory P. Ennis PoMec at PoMec.Net
Sat Jul 15 18:47:20 UTC 2006

On Sat, 2006-07-15 at 13:21 -0500, Gregory P. Ennis wrote:
> On Sat, 2006-07-15 at 19:14 +0100, Paul Howarth wrote:
> > On Sat, 2006-07-15 at 12:27 -0500, Gregory P. Ennis wrote:
> > > Everyone,
> > >
> > > I have an FC5 unit that was an upgrade from a fresh install FC4. I
> > > noticed that yum was not updating properly about 2 to 3 weeks ago giving
> > > me the following error message:
> > >
> > > Error: Missing Dependency: httpd-mmn = 20020903 is needed by package
> > > mod_perl
> > >
> > > Yum will update with yum -y update --exclude=httpd*
> > >
> > > I thought this might be a repository dependency problem but it has
> > > persisted, and I have not seen other posts describing the problem.
> > >
> > > I have checked to make sure the httpd.conf file references 2.2 and it
> > > does.  httpd runs without reporting errors, but yum will not upgrade
> > > because of this.
> > >
> > > Any suggestions?
> >
> > Which versions of httpd and mod_perl do you have?
> >
> > My up to date FC5 box has:
> >
> > $ rpm -q httpd mod_perl
> > httpd-2.2.2-1.0
> > mod_perl-2.0.2-5.1
> >
> > This mod_perl requires httpd-mmn = 20051115, which is provided by this
> > httpd.
> >
> > Paul.
> >

> Paul,
>
> Thanks for your help.  Looks like I have a problem:
>
> # rpm -q httpd mod_perl
> httpd-2.2.0-5.1.2
> mod_perl-2.0.1-1.fc4
> mod_perl-2.0.2-5.1
>
> When I upgraded from FC4 to FC5 I found two files that did not make the
> upgrade:
>
> /etc/httpd/modules/mod_ssl.so
> /usr/lib/httpd/modules/mod_python.so
>
> I replaced them both with the same filenames of a fresh install FC5 from
> a different unit and httpd has worked.
>
> How can I delete mod_perl-2.0.1-1.fc4 ?
>
> Greg

Paul,

rpm -e mod_perl-2.0.1-1.fc4

fixed my problems.  Thanks very much for your help.

The upgrade from FC4 to FC5 has some definite bugs... probably will not
do any more upgrades.

Greg