Squid stop working!!

Guillermo Garron guillermo.fedora at gmail.com
Sun Jul 16 02:16:03 UTC 2006

Hi,
I have a big problem
after my last yum update today

with
macromedia
updates
core
freshrpms
skype
extras

anyway acording to my yum.log the squid have been updated on june 10 and not
today, i even
do a
yum remove squid
yum install squid
but the same result.
on the /var/log/messages
it says that squid can not open the ICP port (UDP 3130)
on the
/var/log/cache.log
it says
commBind: cannot bind socket FD 13 to *:3130 (13) Permission denied

but strangely i can start it using
$squid -start
command,
but not using
/etc/init.d/squid start

i also tried executing line by line that script and it start!!! :) ..
but using only one pid number.
right now i am writing from my laptop wich has CENTOS 4.3 and here my squid
uses two pids, i dont know if Fedora should use also two if it is running
correctly.

that is all for now. i will continue checking,
right now i am doing a "yum update" and it found again software to update
even the kernel ... all packages from updates repos.
hope that solve the problem,
will let you know.

best regards,

Guillermo Garron