Print to PDF

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Mon Jul 17 00:56:15 UTC 2006

On Sun, 2006-07-16 at 13:01 -0500, Steven Stern wrote:
> Does anyone have a good way to create a virtual printer that, in
> effect, does the combination of print-to-postscript followed by
> ps2pdf?

This is something I'd like to try, too.  I have an additional concern,
that I'm wondering if someone has hints about:  Ensuring that the
resultant PDF file is as small as possible.

I've tried producing PDFs with OpenOffice.org, and while that has worked
fine with FC3, on FC4 it bloated the file by embedding the fonts I used.
I played around a bit, but couldn't work out a way to stop it doing
that.  On FC3, I had something like 15kB files, but I was getting half a
meg or bigger with FC4.

I read messages from the public lists.