X-Server in FC5

Usman S. Ansari uansari at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 17 03:47:22 UTC 2006

"Mikkel L. Ellertson" <mikkel at infinity-ltd.com> wrote: Usman S. Ansari wrote:

> Since when I booted with 'good' kernel, that was not a 'firstboot'. The
> question is how to force 'firstboot' activities again ?

You could run kudzu, or change /etc/sysconfig/firstboot to
"RUN_FIRSTBOOT=YES".

Mikkel
--
 I installed non-smp kernel from FC 5 distributiuon and was able to configure X and other hardware came sound, eth0.

 After that, booting with smp kerenl also works well. Earlier I have copied /etc/module.conf from FC4.

 One thing which I noticed was (with my built kernel 2.6.14-2) it said kernel too old to start udev.

 What kind of support is needed in kenel for udev and what kernel version is starts stops (2.6.1 ?)

 Usman