FC5 doesn't start up right.

Chong Yu Meng chongym at cymulacrum.net
Wed Jul 19 07:16:44 UTC 2006

On Wed, 2006-07-19 at 01:53 -0400, Poohba wrote:
> I am not able to start right into gnome or kde.  I think it is set to
> start in kde and it is failing.

Hi Poohba,

Some questions you will need to answer before anyone can help you:

1. Were you ever able to get FC5 to boot into X?

2. What motherboard and graphics card are you using?

3. Did you do an upgrade from FC4 to FC5 or is this a clean install?

4. Do you have correct permissions on your box? (see your error log
below) If you did a clean install, then permissions should have been
correctly set by default.

--
Pascal Chong
email:  chongym at cymulacrum.net
web:    http://cymulacrum.net
pgp:    http://cymulacrum.net/pgp/cymulacrum.asc

"La science ne connaît pas de frontière parce que la connaissance
appartient à l’humanité. et que c’est la flamme qui illumine le monde."

-- Louis Pasteur