trouble booting FC5. Please help!

Jacob Henke cpunerd4 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 19 18:23:45 UTC 2006

Okay, I had installed FC5 on my harddrive using pretty much the default
options, then (much later) I put in a second hard-drive and decided to
install Windows I deleted the First small petition on the first hard drive
and everything else on the second and installed Windows. [For some reason it
didn't work, so I gave up on windows.] Thats when I realized I couldn't boot
Fedora anymore. I tried searching for a way to reinstall GRUB (such as the
rescue disk and so forth) eventually I just reinstalled Fedora Core 5 on the
second Hard Disk. Now I have GRUB back but it only boots the second FC5
instilation. What I need is to be able to boot the First instillation on the
First Hard Disk. Here's my setup:

[parted output]
Using /dev/hda
(parted) print
Disk geometry for /dev/hda: 0kB - 21GB
Disk label type: msdos
Number  Start   End     Size    Type      File system  Flags
1       32kB    107MB   107MB   primary   ext3
2       107MB   21GB    20GB    primary                boot, lvm

Using /dev/hdb
(parted) print
Disk geometry for /dev/hdb: 0kB - 14GB
Disk label type: msdos
Number  Start   End     Size    Type      File system  Flags
1       32kB    14GB    14GB    primary                boot, lvm
[/parted output]

My Grub.conf in /boot/grub
(NOTE: I added "FC5")
[grub.conf]
# grub.conf generated by anaconda
#
# NOTICE:  You have a /boot partition.  This means that
#          all kernel and initrd paths are relative to /boot/, eg.
#          root (hd0,0)
#          kernel /vmlinuz-version ro root=/dev/VolGroup01/LogVol00
#          initrd /initrd-version.img
#boot=/dev/hda
default=1
timeout=5
splashimage=(hd0,0)/grub/splash.xpm.gz
hiddenmenu
title Fedora Core (2.6.15-1.2054_FC5)
    root (hd0,0)
    kernel /vmlinuz-2.6.15-1.2054_FC5 ro root=/dev/VolGroup01/LogVol00 rhgb
quiet
    initrd /initrd-2.6.15-1.2054_FC5.img
title FC5
    root (hd0,1)
        kernel /vmlinuz-2.6.15-1.2054_FC5 ro root=/dev/VolGroup00/LogVol00
rhgb quiet
        initrd /initrd-2.6.15-1.2054_FC5.img
[/grub.conf]

When I boot "FC5" It displays several errors then says something like
"Kernal panic". (I can figure out what else it's saying if it would help. .
.)
Fedora's default in Logical Volumes (right?).
So how do I get my old instillation to boot? Thanks so much for any help!