FC4 to FC5 upgrade login sound reeeaaaallll slow

Philip Walden pwaldenlinux at pacbell.net
Wed Jul 19 21:25:15 UTC 2006

I just upgraded from FC4 to FC5 using the download iso images.

It was painless enough, but now when the log in screen is present, the
log in sound plays reeeeaaaaalllllyyyy slow. After I login the rest of
the sounds come on perfectly. When I check out the
System->Preferences->Sounds. There is a momentary blank warning dialog
and then the Sound dialog comes up. All the sounds, including the log in
sound play at the correct speed.

Any thoughts.

Its a HP Omnibook 6000, ESS Maestro-3i, the driver is snd-maestro3.