Scanners with Core5

Ted Gervais ve1drg at av.eastlink.ca
Wed Jul 19 23:30:40 UTC 2006

I have core 5 newly installed and am delighted how lots of things are
working...

I am trying to get core5 to see my scanner which is a HP 3570c.  Works
well with windows and is easily seen by windows.  But with core5 it is
not being seen at all.  At least I think that is the problem.

What is the plan to get a scanner to work, or does everyone simply not
bother since it is another item that people have to spend lots of time
with to get it to go??

Any thoughts fellow.  And by the way - I have no idea how to even bring
up the scanner so I bring up a Root terminal and just type xscane.  At
small window pops up and tells me that '.....there are no devices
available....."

Any thoughts on my delemna fellows?

--
Ted Gervais