remote power control

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Thu Jul 20 03:01:52 UTC 2006

On Wed, 2006-07-19 at 15:22 +0200, thierry itty wrote:
> about atm circuit and network interface, I'll try and see at once if
> the models I have support this, if the problem can be solved using it,
> and how the server can manage that

Some sort of watchdog timer on the server, and if several remote access
tests fail, send a reset to the modem.  If your modem/router has a web
interface with a reset button on a form (most do), find the path to it,
and set a HTTP GET or POST to it with the right path.  For instance,
mine could probably be done with a command line like the following:

wget --post-data="restoreFlag=0&RestartBtn=RESTART" --http-user=someone --http-password=something http://router/Forms/tools_system_1?

NB:  That's just from a *quick* look at the wget man file and the source
code for one of *my* router's admin pages.  It's not quite right, but on
the right path.  Just a bit more research is needed to get it right.

I read messages from the public lists.