[OT] TOP-POSTING

Aaron Konstam akonstam at sbcglobal.net
Thu Jul 20 14:03:04 UTC 2006

On Wed, 2006-07-19 at 14:11 -0700, Norm wrote:
> I have been cross trained in several different career paths.  Each
> career area has its own peculiarities and attracts very different types
> of people. The IT world seems to attract types that can not accept
> someone else may have different way of doing things. And the intolerance
> and abuse that is often displayed when someone has a different way of
> accomplishing the same objective astounds me.  I know I can follow most
> threads whether the individual postings are top bottom or even
> interspersed through the original posting.
> Norm
My wife has the same idea. Interspersed is OK I guess. It is not by mail
clients like Outlook that starts you at the top of the message.

I am sure you are an honest person but to say that you can read a mail
message consisting of several messages and replies as easily with top
posting as bottom posting is just plain silly.

As small children we learn to read pages from top to bottom. So that is
the way e-mail messages should be constructed to be read.

Although my wife a tecnophobe refuses to believe this.
--
Aaron Konstam <akonstam at sbcglobal.net>