Hyperterm equivalent

Rick Stevens rstevens at vitalstream.com
Thu Jul 20 17:53:43 UTC 2006

On Wed, 2006-07-19 at 22:54 -0700, Justin Zygmont wrote:
> On Tue, 18 Jul 2006, Roy Erickson wrote:
>

> > Hi all,
> >
> > What is the hyperterm equivalent for FC5?
> >
> > I need to talk to an Extreme chassie switch through its RS232 port and
> > capture text.
> >
> > If someone also has the commands I would use on this s/w to connect, and then
> > to capture text, that would also help.
>
> You can also use this:
>
> http://solarflow.dyndns.org:8080/pcplus

minicom works fine (yum install minicom).  I use it to talk to Cisco
gear, Extreme Networks Black Diamonds and Summit 48/1000s and lots of
other things as well.

If you need to capture the data as well, start it as

	minicom -C /path/to/capture/file

or start the capture from the "CTRL-A, L" command inside minicom.

-            I'm afraid my karma just ran over your dogma            -