[OT] TOP-POSTING

jdow jdow at earthlink.net
Thu Jul 20 19:56:03 UTC 2006

From: "Bruno Wolff III" <bruno at wolff.to>

> On Wed, Jul 19, 2006 at 17:33:51 -0600,
>  "Michael P. Brininstool" <mikepb at hoplite.org> wrote:
>>
>> I actually find top-posting faster to find, easier to read, and more
>> efficient, so I will not do it *your way* unless I feel like it at the time.
>
> That's generally only true when the alternative is the worse habit of bottom
> posting without doing any trimming.
>
> What we need is two lists, one for people that like to top post, reply to
> messages to start new threads, and who need munged reply-to headers because
> they can't be bothered to learn the difference between the reply and reply to
> all functions of their email client, and another list for those who don't.

What we need is more flexibility and courtesy. Then we need a lot less
anal-retentive asininities about "one true way". You guys are starting
to sound like religious extremists like say Jerry Falwell or Osama bin
Laden about your "one true way." A simple "Please bottom post on this
list since for our purposes it seems to be more readable" is sufficient.
Just a little bit of social lubricant helps prevent worlds of social
friction like this silliness about top and bottom posting.

{^_^}