No Drives Found

Edward Dekkers edward at tripled.iinet.net.au
Fri Jul 21 02:59:24 UTC 2006

linux_now wrote:
> Hey guys, I finally found the driver I will need:
>
> Intel(R) 82801GH I/O controller hub (ICH7DH) SATA Controller
>
> Band news is: there is no support for Linux of any flavor on Intel web site or any other site.
>
> If anybody ever finds drivers for this controller some day, please post

Check your BIOS, most Intel boards can run SATA in legacy IDE mode
(through translation). You may want to see whether that's available on
the board you have.

I recently went to the Intel Channel Conference and had in-depth
discussions on Linux on Intel, and the powers that be I spoke to say
Intel not only supports it but encourages it.

Regards,
Ed.

--
***DISCLAIMER***

The director of Triple D Computer Services does not believe in
disclaimers or signatures - and thinks they are a severe waste of
bandwidth - if you are not the intended recipient of this e-mail, you
must stand on your head whilst picking your nose and singing the
national anthem.