[OT] TOP-POSTING

Jim Cornette fc-cornette at insight.rr.com
Sat Jul 22 01:16:52 UTC 2006

Even though the original reply was given contained good advice for
resolving the problem and also informed the poster in a nice way that
posting after the message is easier to follow than posting a reply at
the top of the message is to follow. The term top-posting was not known
what it was by the poster. I guess top-posting is better known on this
list than it is elsewhere.

Probably a few years ago, I stated that posting either above the
message, within the message or below the message being replied to does
not matter to me.

Maybe suggesting trimming out content not needed to reference the reply
and putting the reply below the message if summarizing what was posted
would be better.

Simply asking those to reply below the post instead of do not top post
would be better understood. Also one would be direction while the other
form would be telling someone what not to do.

It does not matter to me. This topic probably does not need a lot more
discussion. My comments are probably too much also.

Jim

--
"Irrigation of the land with sewater desalinated by fusion power is ancient.
It's called 'rain'."