lightscribe cd/dvd writers and linux

Tony Nelson tonynelson at georgeanelson.com
Sun Jul 23 15:44:06 UTC 2006

At 3:19 PM +0800 7/23/06, Lai Zit Seng wrote:
>I believe at this time there isn't any native Linux way to do it. The
>Linux version of Nero does not support LightScribe (though their Windows
>version does). The labeling function aside, a LightScribe drive is
>pretty much standard and definitely they work well under Linux :)

How long does it take to print a LightScribe CD label (from MSWindows)?
How many colors are there?  AIUI, printing even a small amount of circular
text takes saveral minutes, and the print is greyscale.  CD printers cost
more, but are faster and print in color.  (Don't use CD labels, unless you
want to damage your drive with unbalaced CDs or DVDs.)