alsa busy

Ric Moore wayward4now at gmail.com
Sun Jul 23 18:47:10 UTC 2006

On Sun, 2006-07-23 at 17:39 +0200, Nigel Henry wrote:

> Hi Ric.  Anything show up on, ps auxw, that looks like it's using sound? Are
> you able to stop Alsa, then restart it? Then trying the failing apps again.
> # /etc/rc.d.init.d/alsasound stop
> # /etc/rc.s/init.d/alsasound start
>
> Nigel.

Well, alsa got installed, found arts running which has lock files
in /tmp/ksocket-root/Arts*

Gonna try to stop artsd and see what objects are left.
But, there is still no references to alsa in /etc/rc.d/init.d/

arts / alsa ...it is becoming just a little more conflabberated than I
would ordinarily like. Just one app. Just one /etc file. Just
one /home/.user_peculiar file. Just one sound-setup that handles all of
the above. That would be priceless. And, wouldn't hurt my purty 'ittle
'ead.  Ric

...the Sin of Ignorance, and
...the Sin of Stupidity.

Linux user# 44256