apache document root on mounted drive on FC5

James Thorpe james at az.hopto.org
Sun Jul 23 20:57:18 UTC 2006

Hi List,

I've got a mounted drive with several directories under it, all of which
can be properly accessed through samba.  I'm now attempting to use one
of these as the apache document root, but whatever it tries to serve up
gives a 403 forbidden.  Looking in the apache error_log, it seems that
apache itself doesn't have access to these folders.  I've been playing
around with permissions to no avail, and SELinux is turned off.  As soon
as I move the document root back to /var/www/html, it's fine again.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
James.